By using our site without disabling cookies, you consent to our use of them. Calls may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
Seared Salmon. Rose Petal Pesto, Pink Peppercorn Infused Buttermilk
Our Head Chef Annie has put together an easy to make no fuss seared salmon, with chunky rose petal pesto, finished with pink peppercorn infused buttermilk.
Dazzle your guests with this simple yet elegant salmon dinner idea.
- 100g salmon
- Salt & pepper
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup rose petals
- 4 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 300ml buttermilk
- 2tbls pink peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- Preheat a large skillet to medium heat.
- Add enough oil to coat the bottom of the skillet.
- Season the skin of your salmon generously.
- Let the salmon cook for 90% on the skin side.
- Season the top of the fish and flip, squeeze in a quarter lemon and switch the heat off.
- Let rest for about 20sec
Rose Petal Pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine everything in a food processor, and pulse until you have a chunky texture, season to taste.
- Add ingredients to a pot and let simmer for about an hour until infused.
- Strain through a sieve into a clean pot, season to taste and set aside and keep warm.
Place salmon to a plate, skin side up , add pesto, transfer buttermilk infusion to a small sauce jug to be poured and garnish with fresh basil and mint