By using our site without disabling cookies, you consent to our use of them. Calls may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
Panko Prawn with Wasabi Mayonnaise
If you love aromatic dishes, you can never have enough rosé in the house. And if you love colourful dishes, even more so. Benguela Cove’s Executive Chef Annie Badenhorst knows how to build flavour into a simple dish. And rosé and prawns have this special affinity with each other that always makes it a popular and easy dish to prepare.
- 16 king prawns, uncooked and shelled
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup of flour
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and the seasoning mixed with the flour
- 2 cups of Panko breadcrumbs
- Oil to fry
- Dry your prawns properly and roll in the seasoned flour.
- Whisk your egg in a separate bowl and lightly dunk your prawns into the mixture.
- Take one by one and coat them with a thick layer of panko breadcrumbs.
- Make sure your oil reaches 200°C and carefully deep-fry these giants for about 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Use your favourite mayonnaise and mix with wasabi to get that bit of a kick.
- Squeeze some lime juice (or Japanese rice wine) over the prawns just before serving.
Remember to remove the veins from the prawns